What are “Cookies”?
What type of cookies do we use and why?
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Services. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our Services, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services. Without these cookies, we may not be able to provide services you may ask for, such as remembering your login details or shopping basket.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Services when they are using them. This helps us to improve the way our Services work, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. These cookies collect anonymous information only and do not show personal details.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognize you when you return to our Services and to remember the choices you make (for example, your choice of language or region). This enables us to personalize our Content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences.
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our Services, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. Although these cookies can track your visits around the web they don’t know who you are. We will use this information to make our Services and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
We use both session ID cookies and persistent cookies, to make it easier for you to navigate our site. A session ID cookie expires when you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time. You can remove persistent cookies via your browser’s ‘clear cookie’ function. Please see www.allaboutcookies.org for more information about blocking cookies on your particular web browser.
Examples of cookies we use include:
- analytics1 (analytical - Identifies unique web browsers visiting Preferr, used for internal analytics)
- backend_web (internal - deprecated - cookie was previously used for webnext)
- domain_request (internal - deprecated - used to be used for the country redirect banner)
- sessionid (strictly necessary - Authentication into the website)
- csrftoken (strictly necessary - Protection against abuse of sending false data)
- country (functionality - We use to store your chosen country if you decide to switch it)
- withfonts (functionality - we use as a way to tell that you have fonts enabled)
- fbm_* (targeting - related to Facebook)
- __cfduid (performance - Cloudflare CDN abuse protection)
- _uetsid (targeting - related to Microsoft Bing)
- __atuvc (functionality - AddThis social sharing widget cookie … from www.Preferr.com/news)
- _ga (analytics - Google Analytics)
- _gat (performance - Google Analytics - It is used to throttle the request rate towards GA - limiting the collection of data on high traffic sites)
- _gid (analytics - Google Analytics)
You can opt out of data collection or use by some of the analytics providers by clicking the following links:
- Krux Digital
How do I control my cookies?
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. The "Help" feature on most browsers will tell you how to stop your browser from accepting new cookies. It should also tell you how to set up the browser to notify you when you receive a new cookie and how to disable cookies entirely. Additionally, you can disable or delete similar data used by browser add-ons, such as flash cookies, by changing the add-on's settings or visiting the website of its manufacturer. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site. Please see www.allaboutcookies.org for more information about blocking cookies on your particular browser.
This Agreement has been drawn up in the English language. In case of discrepancies between the English text version of this Agreement and any translation, the English version shall prevail.
Effective Date: May 14 2019
@ 2020 Preferr Inc. |